Bureau Veritas employs experienced cotton controllers at origin and destination countries and provides the full range of inspection services on raw cotton in bales.
We are present at every necessary control stage to protect the interests of all our customers, starting at farm level through to ginning factory, storage, transportation, and discharging at final contractual point of receipt.
COTTON INSPECTION & TESTING SERVICES
- Seal breaking, devanning and tallying of bales while unloading from containers (SDT)
- Weighing supervision at ports/factory premises basis bale by bale or weighbridge as per clients contractual terms
- Loading survey of cotton bales into containers at origin / exporting locations
- Supervision of sampling or actual sampling as required per clients contractual terms
- Warehouse inspection for suitability to store cotton in bales
- Country damage, oil damage and contamination surveys
- Pre-shipment selection, grading and analysis of bales.
- Container arrival verification
- Social, economic and sustainability verification audits along the cotton supply chain